Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Touching Down in the Sunshine State

Thank you for your patience in waiting for a new post to come up. I ended up playing organ for eight hours on Christmas Eve--about four hours too many--which doesn't affect the hands as much as the back and shoulders. Anyway, I was very reluctant to do anything like playing the keyboard for several days--including typing for this blog!

We're going to do something a little different in this blog over the next week or two. I'm flying to Jacksonville, Florida, tomorrow morning to begin the Doctor of Worship Studies through the Institute for Worship Studies, founded by Robert Webber, guru of "Ancient-Future" worship fame.

Dr. Webber had piqued my interest when I was an undergraduate at Wheaton College and had to take some kind of History of Christian Thought class, for which he gave me a good grade but never returned my extensive notebook. I figure this three-year doctoral program will yield enough notes to make up for the loss of that notebook.

So this next week, if the campus has internet access, I'm going to be your embedded reporter and offer you some observations from the program. My husband says I should wear one of those white T-shirts that says in bold letters, "I'm blogging this," to give everyone fair warning.

However, since God comes down pretty strongly against gossipers and since I'll be working with these people for the next several years, the blog shouldn't be full of nasty little tidbits. We hope to aim for the amusing and the thoughtful instead.

See you in Florida!

No comments: